Kids 13.1 Program or 1/2 Mile
Creating Rochester Runners!
HOT OFF THE PRESS - The Participant Guide is Here - Please Read
Register for Kids 1/2 Mile Here (This does not include the 13.1 program)
Register for Kids 13.1 Program Here (This includes the 13.1 program details below)
There is a Virtual Kids 1/2 Mile available
Kids 1/2 Mile
Race time is at 10:30 am on Sunday, April 23rd at the corner of Exchange & Court. The kids will finish under the big arch. The Kids 1/2 Mile will get their own finishers medal. Must register to participate.
Both above events are for ages 5 to 12 ONLY.
Kids 13.1 Program
Saturday, April 1st - Sunday, April 23rd, 2023
The Kids 13.1 Program
The Kids 13.1 Program is a great way for kids 5 to 12 to participate in the Rochester Regional Health Flower City Challenge. As a participant, your child will run or walk the distance of a half marathon (13.1 miles) over the course of three weeks. With the final 1/2 mile culminating at the race on April 23rd where they will earn their medal.
How It Works
At the Kids 13.1 Program Kickoff (Saturday, April 1st at 10 am at Cobbs Hill Park (in the field at the corner of Norris & Culver Rd)), the first 1/2 will be run together. This is where you will receive everything you need to complete the Kids 13.1 Program. Then using the honor system, your child will track the miles they run or walk (in 1/2 mile increments) on their official tracking form. Their goal should be to complete 4ish miles each week for a total of 12ish miles, such that the final 1/2 mile is with everyone on race day.
To keep them motivated along the way, they can bring their tracking form into any Fleet Feet location (Armory: 155 Culver Road | Buffalo: 2290 Delaware Ave, Buffalo, NY | Victor: 237 High Street Ext) to receive a high five and a toe token once they've reached certain milestones. These rewards are available at any time the stores are open.
On Sunday, April 23rd at 10:30am we'll gather at the Blue Cross Arena (corner of Exchange and Court) to complete the final 1/2 miles of their half marathon (13.1 program). Once they cross the official Rochester Regional Health Flower City Half Marathon finish line, they'll receive their official Kids 13.1 Half Marathon finisher's medal!
- The cost of the 13,1 program is $20
- The cost of just the 1/2 mile is $15, increases to $17 on April 1st
- There will be a cap
- Friday, March 31st from 10am - 7pm | Packet Pickup for Kids Program | Fleet Feet @ The Armory
- Saturday, April 1st at 10 am (Packet Pickup opens at 9:30 am) | Kids 13.1 Kickoff | Cobbs Hill Park (the field at the Corner of Norris and Culver rd)
- Fri, April 21st 10am-6pm & Sat, April 22nd, 10am-4pm | Fleet Feet Health & Wellness Expo (Race Packet PickUp) | Fleet Feet @ The Armory
- Sunday, April 23rd at 10:30am | Race Day! | Blue Cross Arena
What's Included in Kids 13.1 Program
- Official Mileage Tracking Form (available at the Kickoff or Packet Pickup on March 31st)
- Kids Half Marathon Decal (available at the Kickoff or Packet Pickup on March 31st)
- Special Savings At Fleet Feet (available at the Kickoff or Packet Pickup on March 31st)
- Endless Encouragement from Fleet Feet Outfitters (as often as needed, just stop by either store)
- Toe Tokens (available from Fleet Feet once you've reached the milestones of 2 miles, 4 miles, 6 miles, 8 miles, 10 miles & 12 miles)
- Kids Half Marathon Race Bib (available at the Fleet Feet Health & Wellness Expo when you pickup your packet on April 21st & 22nd)
- Kids Half Marathon Finisher's Medal (available at Finish Line on Sunday, April 23rd)
- Kids Limited Edition 13.1 Short Sleeve Cotton tee for extra purchase of $12 plus tax - available until April 1st
Shirt Offer Size Guarantee Ends April 1st